Incentivizing Current and Prospective Students during the Coronavirus Pandemic
For fall enrollees competition among colleges, due to the Coronavirus pandemic, is like nothing admissions departments have seen before. According to the Washington Post, “because colleges are no longer banned from pursuing students who commit to other schools by May 1, the traditional deadline day (moved by some colleges this year to June 1), the changes also guarantee that the already-stressful admissions period will stretch well into the summer, with recruiters trying to steal students from one another.”
Incentivizing students has never been more important. To get students to sign on the dotted line for fall admissions or housing, universities are offering extra scholarship money, early registration, free parking and more. This cutthroat process is likely to continue through the 2021-2022 fall semester.
With the average yearly price of tuition, fees, room and board hovering around $30,000 many students and parents choose schools that offer the best overall financial packages. While cash may be king, schools don’t necessarily need to offer current and prospective students thousands of dollars in tuition breaks. A simple thank you gift, could be the first steppingstone in getting a prospective student interested in a school.
How are schools incentivizing with promotional gifts? Private pre-k through 12th grade schools are sending branded gifts to current students and prospective students. Universities are raffling college swag when students sign up for virtual tours. PTOs and PTAs unable to use their money are planning on giving gifts to students when they turn in their books and computers at the end of the school year.
Following are the best branded thank you gifts for schools and universities:
- Apparel: Whether stocking your online school store or giving a gift to incoming students, apparel items are always well-received. Put your school’s logo on a t-shirt, hat or even socks.
- Custom Face Masks: Masks will be the new normal for the rest of the year. What better way for students to show off their school pride than with a face mask branded with the school’s logo? Bonus, these masks are easy to mail.
- School Pennants: Another great way to welcome new students is with a school pennant which are also easily mailed.
- Lanyards: Lanyards to carry keys, IDs and more are always popular among high school and college students. Recipients will love carrying dye sublimated recycled lanyards with your school’s full color logo.
- Branded Drinkware: Are single-used plastic bottles banned on campus? Show your school’s commitment to sustainability by sending students a custom branded water bottle. Eco-minded students will bring their water bottles with them wherever they go. Eco Promotional Products has reduced drop-ship fees on a number of drinkware items to help with the costs of shipping.
- Reusable Utensil Sets: Like drinkware, reusable utensils and straw sets will show your school’s commitment to sustainability, while at the same time helping the environment.
- Decals: The sticker trend is still going strong with young people. Stickers show off their favorite bands, places they’ve traveled and the organizations they support with decals on water bottles and computers. USA made wood decal stickers will remind recipients of the beauty of your campus.
Eco Promotional Products can recommend products to fit any budget. We can also help with new student kits comprised of multiple items that will appeal to any student.