Promotional Products Encouraging a Plastic Free July
Plastic Free July is an annual global movement set to encourage individuals to reflect on their consumption habits and how the modern economy depends on single-use plastics. This campaign brings attention to the devastating effects of plastics on the environment and human health and how consumers can take a stand by removing disposable plastics from their lifestyles. Plastic Free July empowers consumers to learn about the materials that make up their favorite products and reveals the efforts of institutions creating and or offering sustainable alternatives to plastics.
Eco Promotional Products (EPP) is a proud supporter of the Plastic Free July movement as the company strives to offer environmental solutions within the promotional product industry. EPP’s mission is to change the marketplace to be more socially responsible for their environmental and human impacts since most promotional products are either made of plastics or do not feature elements of reusability.
Research from the World Economic Forum (WEF) in 2021 estimates that only 14% of the world’s plastics are collected and recycled. This calls for the demand to introduce safe, sustainable alternatives to single-use plastic items in the global economy. The WEF also declares that if individuals sway away from 10% of their plastic consumption, this could help cut the amount of plastic waste entering global waterways annually by approximately one-half.
Products made of 100% recycled cotton, bamboo, and stainless steel are known as quality alternatives to products made from single-use plastics. These items are used by environmental organizations, marketing agencies, and other businesses looking to elevate their sustainable commitments.
The following are popular products that can encourage people to curb the use of single-use plastics:
- Bamboo Utensils. When dining out, say no to single-use plastic utensils and straws and instead bring your own. Utensils are made from sustainable bamboo, a rapidly renewable resource, and the high-quality stainless steel straws will last for years.
- Cotton Brunch Tote. Perfect for trips to the grocery store, using reusable bags is a great way to jumpstart a new plastic-free commitment. This 100% cotton tote is customized to fit any logo and has eight different colored handles to choose from.
- Cotton Mesh Market Bag. Supporting farmer’s markets reduces one’s carbon footprint and supports local economies. However, many vendors are still using single-use plastic bags. Bring your own reusable produce bag to carry home fresh, local produce.
- Custom Branded Bee’s Wrap. This alternative to plastic wrap is a zero-waste food storage solution. Bee's Wrap is made with certified organic cotton, ethically sourced beeswax, jojoba oil, and tree resin. It is completely washable, reusable, and compostable.
- Double Wall Vacuum Camper Mug. Vacuum insulated camper mug is BPA-free and is suited for all coffee and tea lovers. Fourteen-ounce mug has temperature control technology to keep beverages cold for 12 hours and hot for up to 8 hours.
- Double Wall Stainless Steel Vacuum Bottle. According to Beyond Plastics “One million plastic bottles are bought around the world every minute. As of 2021, more than half a trillion plastic bottles will be sold annually. At best, less than 1/3 of all plastic bottles will be recycled. By using a reusable water bottle, you could prevent an average of 156 plastic bottles annually.” Carrying a reusable water bottle is the easiest way to reduce plastic pollution.
Click here to view the selection of the promotional products EPP has available to promote the Plastic Free July movement. Information about sales pricing and customer support can be accessed through the link.