Promotional Products for National Bike Month 2018
Every May, cyclists across the country join together to promote National Bike Month. Sponsored by the League of American Bicyclists, National Bike Month, National Bike to Work Week (May 14-18) and Bike to Work Day (May 18) all showcase the benefits of cycling and encourage more people to use a bicycle for their health and transportation needs. National Bike to School Day is May 9, 2018.
Many large cities with miles of bike lanes such as Boston, Chicago, Portland, Ore. and Denver have special events on Bike to Work Day to encourage more residents to ditch their cars. Portland, for example, is hosting Bike More Challenge 2018 where businesses compete against each other to see who can get the most staff to ride a bike during the month of May. Some cities choose to host additional bike to work events in June with the hope of better weather. Chicago has a bike to work challenge in June called “Chicago Bike Week” and Colorado celebrates bike month in June.
In addition to urban transportation events, National Bike Month is a great time for colleges, bicycle retailers, cycling clubs and race organizers to promote the benefits of cycling. Host a low or no cost event like a free safety inspection, helmet fitting, bike tuning workshop or organize a group ride. Schools also generally welcome bicycle experts who will do in-classroom bicycle safety presentations.
Whether you are spearheading a municipal Bike Month event or are a corporate sponsor of one, promotional products will further highlight the benefits of cycling and promote your organization’s name.
Following are the top 5 promotional products for National Bike Month 2018.
1. Bike Light: Cyclists of all ages will use a promotional LED bicycle safety light. Eco Promotional Products’ compact bicycle energy efficient LED silicone safety light has three settings: constant, slow flash, fast flash. The light’s innovative silicone mounting wraps around handlebars, seat posts or the frame.
2. Bicycle Pant Straps: Ideal for casual or serious cyclists, pant straps are a must-have for bicycle commuters. Pant straps hold the pant leg firmly away from the bicycle chain while making you more visible in vehicle headlights at night.
3. Stainless Steel Bicycle Tool: Seasoned cyclists will love receiving a stainless steel bicycle tool. This credit card size multi-functional survival tool includes a can opener, knife edge, screwdriver, ruler, bottle opener, 4-position wrench, butterfly screw wrench, saw blade, compass indicator, 2-position wrench and a keychain hole.
4. Cooling Towels: Reusable cooling towels are ideal for toweling off during or after a ride on hot days. Simply wet, wring and wear. PVA material is lightweight, hyper-evaporative material that's the latest in cooling innovation. Towel retains water while remaining dry to the touch to provide cooling relief. Wear for hours or wipe off for quick relief.
5. Sunglasses: All new bamboo sunglasses provide 100% UV protection and feature shatter resistant lenses. The bamboo arms are hand crafted from 100% renewable bamboo grass and attached to the fronts with durable metal hinges.
While National Bike Month events require a lot of preplanning and effort, members of the cycling community are very loyal. Keep your organization or brand top of mind with custom imprinting on the best eco-friendly bicycle promotional products. See Eco Promotional Products’ Bike Month specials with free shipping here.