Promotional Products for National Bike Month 2022
Every May, cyclists across the country join together to promote National Bike Month. Sponsored by the League of American Bicyclists, National Bike Month, National Bike to Work Week (May 16-22) and Bike to Work Day (May 20) all showcase the benefits of cycling and encourage more people to use a bicycle for their health and transportation needs. In 2021, the League launched National Ride A Bike Day to take place on the first Sunday of every May. In its second year, National Ride A Bike Day will be held on May 1, 2022. Lastly, National Bike to School Day is May 20, 2022.
According to the NPD Group since the Covid pandemic started “bicycle sales have surged. Year-over-year sales of bicycles for the 12 months ending April 2021 are up 57% to reach $6.5 billion dollars across both large-format and specialty retailers.” At the start of the pandemic, it was difficult to find bikes. While the demand has since leveled off, some retailers again see an uptick with the high price of gas. Riding a bike instead of cycling will not only save you money at the pump, it’s also good for the environment and good for one’s health.
During the month of May, cities large and small are hosting events encouraging community members to ride instead of drive. While Bike Month has the spotlight during May, transportation departments and parks and recreation groups work year-round to encourage community members to bike. Public bike repair stations, which were rare a decade ago, are becoming much more commonplace as are designated bike lanes. National Bike Month is a great time for colleges, bicycle retailers, cycling clubs and race organizers to promote the benefits of cycling. Host a low or no-cost event like a free safety inspection, helmet fitting, bike tuning workshop or organize a group ride.
Whether you are spearheading a municipal Bike Month event or are a corporate sponsor of one, promotional products will further highlight the benefits of cycling and promote your organization’s name.
Following are the top promotional products for National Bike Month 2022:
- Bike Bell. Not just for kids, bike bells help riders and pedestrians stay safe. Promotional bike bell’s melodic sound is full and old-fashioned. The perfect accompaniment for cruisers, comfort and town bikes.
- Stainless Steel Bicycle Tool. Seasoned cyclists will love receiving a long-lasting stainless steel bicycle tool. These pocket-sized promotional bike tools are multi-functional with a wrench, screwdrivers and other features to help with any repairs while out on the road or trail.
- Water Bottles. The most popular giveaway for bike month is always the bicycle water bottle. Not all water bottles fit into a bike water bottle holder so make sure you choose the right sized bottle. If an event is geared towards children, choose a kids-sized bike bottle instead of a full-size bike bottle.
- Cinch Backpacks. RPET drawstring backpacks have a lightweight design allowing for easy carrying while cycling.
- Eco-friendly Apparel & Headware. Our recycled performance tee is made from recycled plastic bottles and offers a sun protection rating that far exceeds UPF 50+. This shirt is great for casual rides on sunny days. Runners will also enjoy this lightweight, long sleeve t-shirt. Our structured cap is made almost entirely of breathable recycled polyester. It has a stretchable universal fit making this hat completely suitable for outdoor fun.
While National Bike Month events require a lot of preplanning and effort, members of the cycling community are very loyal. Keep your organization or brand top of mind with custom imprinting on the best eco-friendly bicycle promotional products.