Top 10 Promotional Products For College Orientations
Freshman orientations will soon be underway at colleges and universities as students gear up for the 2017-2018 school year. New students will be bombarded with information about residence life, campus dining, technology services, campus safety and more. Sustainability-focused colleges strive to deliver as much information as possible to students in an eco-friendly way. This can be done by reducing or eliminating paper handouts and finding other eco-friendly mediums to promote services on campus.
1. T-shirts: Campus representatives will need to wear logoed attire to identify themselves for people with questions.
2. Table Runners: A very popular item for green schools are reusable, recycled table throws. Student groups frequently use these for booth displays promoting their organizations or causes. They can be used over and over for years.
3. Lanyards: Recycled lanyards are not only good to use as name tags during orientation but students will also reuse them as keychains after the fact.
4. USBs: Information and Technology Services departments need to provide students with important instructions regarding connecting to the university’s network, reporting IT security incidents and how to contact tech support just to name a few. Flash drives eliminate the need for paper manuals with pre-loaded data files and students can then reuse the flash drives for school or personal use
5. Microfiber Cloths: With edge to edge printing, microfiber cloths have room for a lot of important information. Like USBs, these are also good for campus IT departments to showcase important websites.
6. Water Bottles: Filtered water refilling stations are now commonplace at universities. Some sustainable universities have gone a step further and do not sell any commercial bottled water on campus. Many colleges give incoming students a reusable water bottle to encourage them to drink from the refill stations.
7. Reusable Utensil Sets: With more students preferring to eat on the run, sustainably-minded schools are making a push to reduce disposable utensils. Universities have given the gift of Eco Promotional Products’ reusable utensil sets to incoming freshmen participating in dining plans.
8. Frisbees: A great way to encourage students to get outside and meet new students. Frisbees give the gifts of play, exercise and fresh air.
9. Adult coloring books: The college mental health epidemic has been prominently reported by the media in recent years. Adult coloring books customized with Student Health Services’ contact information can help promote mental health to students.
10. Stretch bands: This fitness product is another way to encourage health and wellness. Compact and low-cost, students can use it to exercise in their dorms.
If you are planning an orientation event, please call us. We love special requests!