Top 10 Promotional Products for Green Campuses
Today colleges and universities make sustainability a priority. Since 2006, Sierra magazine has published the annual Cool Schools list which ranks sustainability practices at colleges and universities. The goal of the annual list is to raise environmental standards on campus, and publicly reward the institutions that work hard to protect the planet. Sustainably-minded colleges make informed, eco-friendly purchasing decisions to help keep campuses green.
Following are the top 10 best eco-friendly promotional products for green campuses:
- Reusable cups: Plastic cups have long been a staple of colleges and universities. Not only are disposable plastic cups incredibly wasteful, they are often not recyclable. Eco Promotional Products’ branded party cups are reusable and recyclable.
- Reusable utensil sets: Whether it’s taking out food from dining halls or ordering in from local restaurants, college students frequently eat on the go. When it comes to plastic cutlery, reducing is better than reusing or recycling. Choose high quality bamboo utensil sets over disposables.
- Sunglasses: Recycled sunglasses are always a hit at college events. Promotional sunglasses are long-lasting and made from recycled materials.
- Umbrellas: Students have to attend classes and get across campus rain or shine. Recycled umbrellas are a favorite campus giveaway item.
- Water bottles: Many green colleges have banned the sale of plastic water bottles on campus. Students are encouraged to fill up at water refilling stations across campus. There is no better way to promote using refill stations than with a reusable water bottle.
- Adult coloring books: The number of college students seeking help for mental-health issues has become epidemic. Various coping exercises and techniques can help reduce stress and anxiety. Adult coloring books with key counseling center phone numbers will encourage students to take care of their mental health.
- Bicycle accessories: Green campuses promote cycling. Low-cost, eco-friendly cycling giveaways include pant straps, bike lights and bicycle safety tools.
- Microfiber cloths: Don't harm the environment by using disposable paper towels and harmful cleaning solutions. Microfiber cloths are the safe way to clean smartphones, tablets, computers and eyeglasses. Customize them with university IT help department contact information.
- Recycled foldaway bags: Students can leave these folded bags in their backpacks so they never have to take a plastic bag when shopping.
- Eco Apparel: Be a walking billboard for your school or organization’s sustainability efforts with eco-friendly t-shirts, sweatshirts, headgear and more.
Looking for ideas for your next green campus event? Visit www.ecopromotionsonline.com.