Sustainable & USA Made PPE for Reopening Schools
Most colleges and universities have announced plans for students to return to campus this fall with a mix of in-person and online classes. K-12 districts across the country are still scrambling to prepare for the upcoming school year. While plans are still up in the air, there are many different scenarios floating around from starting the school year with 100% remote learning to staggered schedules with a mix of in-person and distance learning.
What is clear is the start of the 2020-2021 school year will look much different than any other year. If schools are considering any sort of in-person classroom instruction, they must be prepared and budget for personal protective equipment. School districts across the country received CARES Act funds which can be used for a variety of things including increasing technology, cleaning and sanitizing products and PPE for students and staff.
Eco Promotional Products offers environmentally friendly, American made and socially responsible personal protective equipment. As a Certified B Corp, WBENC, WOSB & Green America Gold business, Eco Promotional Products is an ideal partner for governing bodies with supplier diversity programs and/or required to follow the Buy American Act which limits the purchase of non-American made products.
Following are Eco Promotional Products’ sustainable PPE items available to schools:
- Bulk hand sanitizer: USA made hand sanitizer will be the most used product when schools reopen. Students and staff may have to sanitize before entering the building and multiple times throughout the day. Students riding busses may have to sanitize before getting on the bus. Hand sanitizer that is USA made in an FDA registered facility is the ideal choice for schools.
- No contact thermometers: If temperature checks are required before entering buildings, schools will need multiple no contact thermometers to streamline the process to start the school day.
- Face masks and shields: Many colleges have already announced face masks will be required on campus this fall. K-12 districts will likely follow suit. It is not just teachers and students who will need masks. Schools participating in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) will need masks and shields for workers making and distributing lunches. Bus drivers, school nurses, custodians and administrators will also need protective face coverings.
- Social distancing signs: With so many students in crowded hallways, schools are considering turning hallways into one-way hallways to limit the foot traffic. Bathroom stalls and sinks will be closed off to encourage social distancing. USA made one-way hallway decals for floors will help direct student traffic. USA made signs are also available to mark bathroom stalls and sinks closed and mirror decals to remind students of proper handwashing guidelines.
- Personal lunch items: There is talk of schools requiring students to eat at their desks to minimize large groups in cafeterias. An insulated lunch cooler bag that converts to a placemat will provide students a sanitary surface for eating their lunch.
- Reusable water bottles: Water fountains are a staple of schools. Schools participating in NSLP have to provide access to water fountains, dispensers, and hydration stations throughout the school. Schools may need to invest in touch free hydration stations and individual reusable water bottles to avoid the spread of germs commonly found on traditional water fountains.
For more than a decade Eco Promotional Products has been a preferred supplier for schools across the country. As the safe place for promotional products, you can count on Eco Promotional Products to provide the safest items for your students, teachers and staff.