Back to School Kids Lunchbox Ideas
Keep the environment in mind this school year and commit to packing lunches and school snacks with little to no waste. From lunch bags to reusable food containers and reusable utensil sets, Eco Promotional Products has a wide range of personalized eco-friendly products for waste-free lunches.
Before sending kids off to school, your family should discuss lunch protocol with expectations for your commitment to the environment. Talk to kids about what is trash and what can be recycled and should be brought home. If your family composts, ask your children not to throw anything out at school and bring home everything so you can compost fruit peels and any uneaten food.
A waste-free kid’s lunchbox needs to start with a high quality, reusable personalized lunch bag that is CPSIA compliant and safe for use for children under age 12.
Eco Promotional Products’ Insulated Lunch Cooler w/ Attachment Buckle is CPSIA Compliant and perfect for kids of all sizes. These insulated lunch bags for kids are PVC and phthalate-free and feature a zippered main compartment, front zippered pocket, side mesh water bottle pocket and removable ID tag. The top grab handle with attachment buckle easily secures lunch cooler bags to backpacks.
Whether your child prefers sandwiches, salads or a little of everything, Eco Promotional Products has a variety of fun reusable lunch containers. Our USA Made Reusable Sandwich Bags are always popular. These CPSIA Compliant, waste-free lunch bags come in a variety of colors and are made from a blend of recycled PET bottles/organic cotton and are machine washable. They are also perfect for snacks!
Eco Promotional Products offers the following eco-friendly tips for enjoying a waste-free lunch at school:
- If your child buys milk at school, encourage him or her to skip the straw and recycle the milk cartons.
- If packing a drink, use a reusable water bottle instead of disposable containers that may not be able to be recycled at school.
- Use cloth napkins instead of disposable paper napkins.
- Invest in reusable utensils or utensil sets.
- Recycle! Many schools have recycling programs but they may be limited. Research what can and cannot be recycled at school and bring home what can be recycled at home.
- Skip the single-serve packs and make your own by proportioning snacks in reusable lunch containers.
- Support your school by turning trash into cash! Entenmann's Little Bites partners with TerraCycle to keep packaging out of landfills and gives $0.02 for each snack pouch returned. Check with your school PTA to see if your school participates.