Promotional Products for National Bike Month 2017
Every May, cyclists across the country join together to promote National Bike Month. Sponsored by the League of American Bicyclists, National Bike Month, National Bike to Work Week (May 15-19) and Bike to Work Day (May 19) all showcase the benefits of cycling and encourage more people to use a bicycle for their health and transportation needs. National Bike to School Day is May 10, 2017.
Many large cities with miles of bike lanes such as New York, Chicago, Portland and Denver have special events on Bike to Work Day to encourage more residents to ditch their cars. These events are typically put on with the help of corporate sponsors who will hand out goodies along highly trafficked bike to work routes.
In addition to urban transportation events, National Bike Month is a great time for colleges, bicycle retailers, cycling clubs and race organizers to promote the benefits of cycling. Host a low or no cost event like a free safety inspection, helmet fitting, bike tuning workshop or organize a group ride. Schools also generally welcome bicycle experts who will do in-classroom bicycle safety presentations.
Whether you are spearheading a municipal Bike Month event or are a corporate sponsor of one, promotional products will further highlight the benefits of cycling and promote your organization’s name.
Following are the top 5 promotional products for National Bike Month 2017.
1. Bike Light: Cyclists of all ages will use a promotional LED bicycle safety light. Eco Promotional Products’ compact bicycle energy efficient LED silicone safety light has three settings: constant, slow flash, fast flash. The light’s innovative silicone mounting wraps around handlebars, seat posts or the frame.
2. Bicycle Pant Straps: Ideal for casual or serious cyclists, pant straps are a must-have for bicycle commuters. Pant straps hold the pant leg firmly away from the bicycle chain while making you more visible in vehicle headlights at night.
3. Stainless Steel Bicycle Tool: Seasoned cyclists will love receiving a stainless steel bicycle tool. This credit card size multi-functional survival tool includes a can opener, knife edge, screwdriver, ruler, bottle opener, 4-position wrench, butterfly screw wrench, saw blade, compass indicator, 2-position wrench and a keychain hole.
4. Bicycle Safety Activity Books: National Bike Month is the perfect time to educate kids on the importance of bicycle safety. Activity books are made in the USA and printed with vegetable based inks.
5. Water Bottles: The most popular giveaway for bike month is always the bicycle water bottle. Not all water bottles fit into a bike water bottle holder so make sure you choose the right sized bottle. If an event is geared towards children, choose a kids sized bike bottle instead of a full size bike bottle.
While National Bike Month events require a lot of preplanning and effort, members of the cycling community are very loyal. Keep your organization or brand top of mind with custom imprinting on the best eco-friendly bicycle promotional products. Check out our Bike Month products here.